What personal information do we collect?
At Cowper Law (“us”, “our”, or “we”), we collect personally-identifiable information when you fill out one of our forms and submit the information to us. Thus, we only collect this information if you intentionally provide it to us. Any information that you submit is voluntary. You may visit our site anonymously and you may call us at 310.499.1477 instead of submitting this information.
How is my personal information used?
Your personal information is kept in the strictest confidence and is used only to contact you, evaluate a potential lawsuit, and to respond to your inquiry. We will never sell your personal information, and once received, we keep it confidential.
What other information is collected?
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the city and state where your IP address is located, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
How is non-personally identifiable information used?
We may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze your information in order to increase our website’s functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
From time-to-time, we may also use Google’s “remarketing” services or a similar trusted vendor to display ads to people who have already visited our web site. These ads may display on pages across the internet and not controlled by us, based on which pages you visited on our site.
How do we protect your information?
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personally-identifiable information we have collected from you.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information except in the following situations:
(1) Your personal information may be shared with vendors who provide services to us, but only to assist in collecting this information.
(2) We may also share your personal information with trusted third-parties. For example, if we are working closely with another law firm on cases of the type you are inquiring about, we may share your information so that that firm may contact you to gather additional information. They must keep this information confidential and cannot sell it or share it.
(3) We may release your information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
(4) If you submit information in “reply to” one of our posts or web pages, this information will be posted publicly. We request that you do not include personally-identifiable information in such posts, and we will attempt to remove personally-identifiable information submitted this way, but we do not make any guarantee or warrantee that all such information will be removed. You remain responsible for information submitted for public access.
(5) Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other similar uses.
Third Party Links
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPA) Compliance
Our web site is directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we learn that someone has submitted personally-identifiable information who is under 13-years-old, we will delete that information from our systems.
Your information, including personally-identifiable information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to United States and process it there.
We use your personal information for providing and improving this website. By using our website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Any Opinions on this Website are Ours
Cowper Law (“us”, “our”, we”) has no relationship with any corporation, brand name, or product name mentioned in any part of this website or any other website maintained by us, and unless otherwise specifically attributed, the opinions, beliefs, findings, and experiences expressed in this website or any other website maintained by us are ours alone and are not those of any other person, corporation, brand, or product.
This policy was last modified on April 27, 2015.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, you may contact us as follows: